LaVar Ball appears at WWE event, son LaMelo uses slur
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
LOS ANGELES (AP) LaVar Ball has brought his Big Baller Brand from the basketball court to the wrestling ring.
The outspoken father of NBA draft No. 2 pick Lonzo Ball showed up with the newly minted Los Angeles Laker and another son, 15-year-old LaMelo, for a live segment on Monday's "WWE Raw" at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
During the segment, LaMelo Ball twice used a racial slur that was broadcast over the air.
WWE says in a statement to the Los Angeles Times that the language "was not scripted nor reflects WWE's values."
For LaVar Ball's appearance, the ring was decorated with mannequins displaying his Big Baller Brand clothing line. He got in a heated confrontation with WWE wrestler The Miz, and took his shirt off to cheers from the crowd.
Updated June 27, 2017