For Bulls, blockbuster trade is all about direction
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
By ANDREW SELIGMAN
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Bulls set a clear direction by trading All-Star Jimmy Butler to the Minnesota Timberwolves on draft night last week.
As for whether they got enough in return? Vice president of basketball operations John Paxson will let others debate that.
The Bulls had plenty of people talking after they traded one of the NBA's top two-way players for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and No. 7 overall pick Lauri Markkanen. The three newcomers were introduced at a news conference on Tuesday.
Paxson says debating which team got the better end of the deal is "the wrong way to look at it" at the moment. He says Chicago "defined a direction" and that he's "not worried about perception."
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated June 27, 2017